Leak Defender VS Installation Instructions
The Tec Innovators LEAK DEFENDER VS Water Leak Detection System is designed to shut off a water supply with an in-line motorized stainless steel ball valve and sound an audible alarm when the sensor puck comes into contact with water or another type of conductible liquid. This system is designed to shutoff municipal water supplies, appliance water feed systems, geothermal systems and other leak detection/shutoff applications.
Requirements before you begin installation:
Caution: We strongly recommend installation by a qualified technician. Must meet or exceed local & national codes.
Step By Step Installation Instructions
- Locate main water feed line and shut off hand valve.
- Drain system and cut line at desired valve location.
- Attach or solder on (2X) union connections at each end of the cut section
- Screw mating end of the union into the valve body with a sealer.
- Valve flow direction and orientation not critical for operation.
- Mount control box within required distance listed above.
- Connect valve control cable, sensor cable and power cable into control box as labeled on box.
- Plug in control box transformer in wall outlet.
- Make sure all joints are tight and turn on water shutoff valve.
On the sensor puck a green led light will be on. Press the “push to test” button on the sensor puck. The green light will switch to a red light indicating that the valve has been actuated to a closed position. Leave in this position for 1 minute to charge the capacitor for the auto return position. To reset the system press the push to reset button and the system will be in detection mode again. Some valves are equipped with a manual override. To operate lift the button and turn it left or right gently, do not forget to press down the button after power on to engage automatic mode again.
NOTE: This system must be exercised every six months to prevent mineral buildup on valve components.
- Model: Leak Defender VS
- Pressure rated to 150 PSI
- Power Voltage: 120VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Sensor & Valve Voltage: 24 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Valve FNPT Connection: ½, ¾, 1, 1 ¼
- Valve Material: SS
- Enclosure Rating : IP65
- Sealing Material: EPDM & PTFE
- Not designed for outdoor exposure