Leak Defender RS Installation Instructions
Leak Defender RS water leak detection systems shut off your water supply from a well water pumping system in the event of a water leak in the vicinity of your water well components or water feed appliances. (Hot Water Heater, Washing Machine ETC).
The installation should take no more than fifteen to thirty minutes to install by a qualified technician.
Caution: High voltage connections will be required to install the Leak Defender Systems. We highly recommend that a qualified technician be used for this installation and wiring to meet or exceed local and national wiring codes.
Step by Step Instructions
- Disconnect power to pump at the load center. Tag or lock out the breaker to avoid the pump being turned on.
- Disconnect power wires to the pump pressure switch or pump controller.
- Remove front cover of detector control box.
- Locate and mount leak detector control box on an adjacent wall approximately 4 ft from floor around the area of the pressure switch. (Not designed for outdoor mounting locations)
- Install a strain relief for the input power connection (L1/L2 Input) in the Leak Defender control box using one of the existing knockouts.
- Cut existing power wires to length needed for the power input connection to the Leak Defender control box (L1/L2 Input) and use wiring diagram on the inside of the box cover for wire connection terminations.
- Either trim output wires to the pressure switch for connection to (L1/L2 Output) power connection inside the Leak Defender control box or use Output Cable Assembly (P/N FD-CA-MFG-005) to connect output power to the pressure switch and connect wires (L1/L2 output) as shown on the leak detector control box cover wiring diagram.
- Place sensor puck on the floor in the vicinity of the pressure tank and the feed manifold for the tank.
- After checking all connections and replacing cover on the leak detection control box turn on power.
- The sensor puck should have a green light on indicating that the system is in detection mode.
Testing and Reset Procedure
On the sensor puck a green led light will be on. Press the push to test button on the sensor puck and the power will shut off. The green light will switch to a red light indicating that the power is off to the pumping system from the leak detection control box to the pumping system. To reset the system press the push to reset button and the system will be in detection mode again.
On the sensor puck a green led light will be on. Place the sensor puck in a small amount of water. The green light will switch to a red light indicating that the power is off from the leak detection control box to the pumping system. To reset dry the bottom of the sensing puck, then press the push to reset button. If it does not reset, the absorption pad on the bottom of the sensor puck is not completely dry. Once dry the red light will then switch to green and will be in detection mode again.
- Model: Leak Defender RS
- Operating Temperature: 0 – 150 Deg F
- Power Voltage: 115/220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Sensor Voltage: 24 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Contact Rating: AC 115/220 VAC @ 2HP Pump Max
- Not designed for outdoor exposure